Support program for social garages
Since 2011, PSA Foundation has been supporting social garages throughout France. Already 87 projects have been supported!
Social garages support people in social, professional and / or financial difficulty by allowing them to maintain, repair, rent or buy their vehicle at a solidarity rate. As integration workplaces, located in rural and sensitive areas, they also train people in insertion to automotive mechanics. Social garages have to deal with very important social needs with limited human and logistical capacity.
Since 2017, PSA Foundation has been offered social garages previously supported an accompanying program, in partnership with Avise (Agency of engineering for Social and Solidarity Economy development).
This annual accompaniment program includes:
- Collective seminars on topics chosen by social garages themselves;
- Practical tools built in session, between social garages, with the support of experts, then published for the benefit of all on the web sites of the PSA Foundation and the Avise
Tools, methods and good practices built together with social garages:
- a methodological guide which identifies the different steps to follow in order to create a social garage and offers practical sheets (material conditions to launch the project, conditions of safety and cleanliness of the workshop, tools ...);
- the social garages directory which gives the list of the structures throughout the territory (Avise website);
- an interactive map which allows to localize easily the social garages in France (Say-Yess website).
a measurement and communication tool for the social value of social garages
Accompaniment seminars for social garages :
- 2017 Session :