On 17 March, the French government took an unprecedented health measure to protect the population from the virus: containment.
Aware of the great difficulties that the most destitute people were going to encounter, Fondation PSA reacted immediately. On March 27, it convened an extraordinary Board of Directors meeting which decided to immediately allocate all available 2020 resources to quickly and effectively support associations in the fight against the consequences of COVID 19.
- Mobilization for Covid-19 emergency aid, of all the funds allocated to the 2020 calls for projects of Fondation PSA
- This donation will support the mobility of structures supporting the sick and fragile people.
The 2020 calls for projects have therefore been cancelled. The funds allocated to them were paid to the "ALL UNITED AGAINST CORONAVIRUS" alliance of the Fondation de France, AP-HP and the Pasteur Institute.
To date, this exceptional donation has already made it possible to support :
- The mobility of carers and caregivers towards the sick, particularly in the context of home help for the elderly or disabled (6 associations supported),
- The transport of food, health and hygiene products for precarious and isolated people (15 associations supported),
- Projects to maintain the mobility of the most fragile people in the territories (5 associations supported).
In 3 months, 26 "mobility" projects were financed by Fondation PSA.A few examples of the associations supported:
- Association AIDOM EXPERT for emergency aid
- L'OLIVIER DES SAGES for distribution of food parcels