Social garages support people in social, professional and / or financial difficulty by allowing them to maintain, repair, rent or buy their vehicles at a solidarity rate. As integration workplaces, located in urban and sensitive areas, they also train people in insertion to automotive mechanics.
Social garages have often fragile economic models depending on the institutional supports that vary from one territory to another. They have to deal with very important social needs with limited human and logistical capacity.
Since 2011, the PSA Foundation has supported about sixty garages in the creation or consolidation phase (for a total amount of € 840,000).
The increasingly precise knowledge of the sector and its needs, notably through the study conducted in 2015 in partnership with the Norauto Foundation**, led the PSA Foundation to commit to the structuring of this sector.
An expert from the parts and services department of the Groupe PSA has been appointed as a referent for the coaching of the social garages that won the first dedicated call for projects organized last year.
The program of this meeting:
• wording of concrete needs,
• sharing of good practice,
• talking with expert on car repair,
• first proposals for action: closer links with traditional garages, spreading of methods, pooling of tools and supplies, consideration on economic models and official status of those garages, creation of a reference system, a label, etc.
Thank you all for your motivation and the constructive ideas that have emerged.
These professionals only want to be heard and supported! The dynamics is launched and is promising for the next meetings.
To be continued !
* Established in 2002, Avise is an association that accompanies the emergence, consolidation and scale-up of social enterprises. On the theme of inclusive mobility, it has been designated by the PSA Foundation for this long-term partnership in support of solidarity garages.
** "Challenges and opportunities of the solidarity garages sector in France", study conducted in 2015 by Eexist.
The adapted theoretical part of the driving license
The APEDA association allows 3 young people to obtain their theoretical part of the driving license.
Methodological Guide of Social Garages Edition 2019
The PSA Foundation and the Engineering Agency to develop the Social and Solidarity Economy (Avise) publish the 2019 edition of their…