Mobility is a major issue facing our society.
It has a direct impact on people’s daily lives and goes hand-in-hand with economic growth.
In today’s digital world, where more than half of the world’s people live in cities, the word “mobility” is often associated with mobile phones and constant connectivity.
Yet above all else, mobility is about having the ability to move.
SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE MOBILITY – THE FOUNDATION’S CORE FOCUS
Since its inception in 2011, the PSA Foundation has been working to support people in hardship, who face social, economic or geographical marginalisation because they are not mobile.
The company’s sponsorship efforts focus on three core priorities: mobility for social inclusion and professional integration, mobility for education and culture, and mobility for disability.
The PSA Foundation supports charities that help drive socially responsible mobility, thereby creating value and bringing communities together.
Initiatives such as mobility centres, solidarity car repair centres and social driving schools help bring about mobility solutions that meet the needs of these people.
The PSA Foundation currently supports more than 60 solidarity car repair centres.
THE FOUNDATION’S ETHOS: SUPPORT
The PSA Company Foundation works with the charities it supports as a trusted partner:
- In addition to funding and sponsorship, it also offers project design assistance, and a dedicated, experienced support team to give hands-on advice.
- It stays the course, working with charities for many years and helping them to grow. And in doing so, it produces a genuine leverage effect.
The PSA Foundation takes a long-term view, working alongside its partners – including other foundations – to share project experiences and create a virtuous circle of pooled knowledge and skills.
OUR VALUES: LOCAL SUPPORT AND TRUST IN PEOPLE
The PSA Foundation remains true to its long-standing values – values that it shares with the Groupe PSA as a whole:
- providing local support and working with all stakeholders, irrespective of their grade
- listening to and supporting the people who take action on the ground
- being engaged and pragmatic, focusing its support where it will be of the greatest benefit to disadvantaged people, and learning from successful experiences in the past.
In line with this ethos, the Foundation organises its annual Foundation Awards to reward the very best charity projects sponsored by Groupe PSA employees, showcasing the entire Group’s commitment to socially responsible mobility.
OUR AMBITION: TO SPREAD BEST PRACTICE AND FOSTER INNOVATION IN CHARITY WORK
The socially responsible mobility movement is still in its infancy and the challenge that lies ahead is immense. But there is enormous potential for innovation, too. The PSA Foundation, reflecting the Groupe PSA capacity for innovation, plans to use its role as sponsor to promote and support innovative local initiatives that merit more widespread implementation.